Thursday, February 12, 2015

It's skiing like April

I truly don't have anything to complain about in the BIG picture, so I will try to sound optimistic on this short post. Even with the lack of fresh snow deposits on a consistent basis and above "normal" temperatures the higher ground always holds a revitalizing sense of place. Today at Solitude Mountain Resort I watched these 2 ski patrollers scaling Fantasy ridge to test the snow stability of the honeycomb cliffs.
While we couldn't wait for them to summit my new skier athlete friend Jason and I went to see how the 3" dusting would play out this beautiful morning.
Solitude is home to a ton of these twisted, gnarled Bristle cone pines that can be great for a backdrop of powder skiing. Real fun snow for just a few inches.


No comments:

Post a Comment